Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sleep Properly To Ensure Happiness

I feel quite tired, it was a very hectic week. I hardly slept for 4-5 hours only in the night for the last one week; daily returning home from work after 7 O'clock in the evening and watching Twenty20 cricket world cup on television till 11 and after that sitting in front of laptop till 1.30 or 2 O'clock, and again waking up 6.30 in the morning. I know it's not good for health, already I have some problem in my digestive system (medically called Esophagitis with Hiatus Hernia).
Normally a human being should have a sound sleep of 6-8 hours in the night, I read somewhere that lack of sleep increases risk of early death. People who sleep for less than six hours each night were 12% more likely to die prematurely than those who get the recommended 6-8 hours sleep. I don't know the actual fact, but I can say that sleep is one of the key factors in our daily life, sleep is needed for the body to be able to function properly. When you don't get enough sleep, you find the next day very irritating... you have an inability to think clearly, and feel very unhappy. To ensure happiness through out the day you need to have a good night of sleep.
So, without any delay I will start sleeping early from next week onwards... right from the beginning of the week, I mean from Monday I will try to sleep by 11 O'clock in the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment