Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scorching And Very Hot Weekend

I had planned to go to the stadium (Firozshah Kotla) to watch today’s crucial IPL cricket match (virtual quarter final) between our team Delhi Daredevils and Deccan Chargers. But, I had to change my plan due to scorching heat outside for the last couple of days. It is the mid April, but Saturday recorded the highest temperature in the month of April since 1958 with the maximum temperature touching 43.7 degree Celsius, eight degree above normal. Today’s temperature is also around 43 degree Celsius. In the evening, I went for shopping; purchased some shirts for me and had burger at McDonalds. After coming back from shopping I have drunk lots of water. During the whole day, my main intake was water… lots of water… cold water, chilled water, with Glucon-D, even Cold drinks also.
As per the Met department, the temperature will fall marginally to about 40 degrees Celsius. A western disturbance, approaching the western Himalayan region, will bring rain to Himachal Pradesh and may be even Punjab.  
Now watching match on television, Delhi is not doing well. Six wickets have fallen, still 60 runs required from 30 balls with only 4 wickets in hand… it’s difficult… very very difficult. Oh no! One more wicket’s gone. The match’s gone I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment